Scroll On Down!
An Organization of Active Ohio Voters Dedicated to Updating Ohio Alimony Statutes to:
1) Preserve the Viability and Logic of Legal Marriage.
2) Promote Family Peace and Well Being Following Divorce, via Fairness.
3) Establish Consistent, Predictable, and Reasonable Alimony Amounts and Duration.
4) Enable Parties to Remain Whole after a Divorce; Able to Rebuild, Have Hope, and Eventually Retire.
5) Outline and Weight the Factors that are Fair, Feasible, Complete, and Unambiguous in Establishing Spousal Support.
For music while reading, click icon >
Scroll On Down!
Overarching Precepts We Promote:
1. Divorce statutes should reflect principles that are fair, morally sound, and consistent.
2. Statutes and formulas should mitigate abuse of the system, with consequences.
3. Current Ohio Statutes are severely lacking in these respects.
PRINCIPLES OUR PROPOSED AMENDMENTS EMBRACE:
1. Non-condoned and proven adultery or emotional involvement with an extramarital
partner, regardless of gender or preference.
2. Substantial extramarital financial support, regardless of the source
3. Chronic criminal neglect of a spouse, which harms physical or emotional health
4. Domestic violence convictions during the marriage involving actual physical violence
5. Chronic and documented criminal substance abuse or addiction
6. Chronic, significant, and documented financial infidelity with an extramarital partner
7. Substantial hiding, secreting, or stealing of marital assets
8. Abandonment of marriage, absent specific legal misbehavior by the other partner
9. Financial misconduct or irresponsibility, such as serious levels of gambling or
extravagant spending patterns that unreasonably impedes marital family support.